Friday, July 24, 2009

Deceiving Friendship

Well I've currently discovered the truth of what I thought were my true friends thought of me. Naturally, I felt betrayed. Who wouldn't after all that we've seemingly gone through together? Come to think of it, it has all been a downright lie. A pretense they have put on. I've was subconsciously being lied to when I was genuinely enjoying the so-called friendship. I used to fill myself up with gratitude and ask questions like, what have I done to have such great friends? Now I'd just laugh bitterly at those thoughts for it has been proven to me I didn't have the right to actually deserve such friends. Ironically, the reality hadn't shattered my heart. It had merely torn off a segment off my heart. A segment that could never heal but is too small to leave a long memory. Inevitably, no matter how small the segment, it's still a part of me torn and thrown into the wastepaper basket. I thought the laughter that are still ringing in my ears were sincere, deep down from the core of their hearts. I thought my company for them was entertaining. I thought they were there in my times of need, when I had fallen into a loophole of life. In the end it was just a bunch of 'I thoughts'. I still thank them though, for giving me a summarized version of the cold, hard truth. For displaying to me how damsels in distress actually are. I couldn't have learnt a lesson like this in a typical classroom. I thank them for giving me the taste of the chocolate of a chocolate-coated peanut before biting into the hard peanut. I thank them for letting me realize I actually have friends a thousand times better than them, friends who their true colours shined through, like a brilliant ray of a much-awaited rainbow after the heavy downpour of rain. I thank them for indirectly giving me a chance to focus on other things. I felt like squeezing the shells of what they've put on all this while to deceive me for they've shown me the path where I'm supposed to tread on. After so long being off track, they've put me back on track like a toddler placing his toy train on the toy railway track. It was as though a door of no return has been introduced to me and the right thing to do is to go through it and leave the world I'd once thought I'd known behind to gradually fade away with time. It'd occured to me that I've had to sacrifice them for the better. I DON'T MIND.
THANK YOU, HYPOCRITES.

8 comments:

  1. well.da past is da past.im glad to know who my freinds really are now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But to discover the past that you've saved in your memory has been a total lie, that's the hard part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AISHH. YOU WHERE GOT TALK BOUT ME? AND IF IM ONE OF THOSE HYPOCRITES.. BUT IM NOT LOR. I TELL YOU STRAIGHT YOUR COLOUR COMBINATION IS VERY UGLY. AND SO ON AND SO FORTH. RIGHT? =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope. You are not a hypocrite. *vomits* You are just the opposite. The friend with her true colours shining through. Happy? You are seriously true to everybody and to yourself. HAPPY? Wait. Why am I praising you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. BECAUSE ITS TRUE TRUE TRUE! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yo!!!let by gone be by gone...chill and enjoy who you have with you right now...treasure life with a bunch of buddies is jus so nice...i mean true frens...

    ReplyDelete
  7. bullshit lah. why you people like talking stuff with such deep meaning? its so lame! and boring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like la. At least it's not pointless babbling you do.

    ReplyDelete